Bell Shoals Baptist Academy requires dressing in a way that supports our rigorous academics and is honoring to God. Students are to be neat, modest, well-groomed, and in designated pants, shorts, skirts, shirt, dresses at all times. The required attire includes a school uniform shirt with dockers style shorts, pants, or skirts. Shirts must be purchased through a school uniform provider. Parents are also encouraged to set an example by following modest dress guidelines when on the school campus and at school activities.
Uniform code interpretation is at the discretion of BSBA staff. Parents of students in violation of dress code policies will be notified.
EARLY LEARNING CENTER:
Our little Panthers are not required to wear uniforms. Their only requirement is to wear close-toed shoes that are safe. Tennis shoes are great! A BSBA school bag and matching field trip T-shirt will be provided for our little Panthers.
JR. K - 8th Grade
- Only BSBA logo shirts are acceptable and must be purchased from MLC Promo or Educational Outfitters.
- Shirts will be allowed in the following colors: green, red and navy. ·
- Students may not tie back their shirts or sleeves.
- All shorts, pants, and skirts must be uniform standard and appropriately fitted.
- No jeans, leggings, or tight fitting shorts or pants will be allowed.
- Parents may use this length policy: skirts should not be shorter than 4 inches from the crease at the back of the knee.
- Shorts should not be shorter than 6 inches from the floor when kneeling.
- Uniform bottoms must be navy blue, plaid, or traditional khaki.·
- Traditional-type belts in the colors of brown, black, khaki or navy blue will be allowed, when wearing apparel with belt loops.
- Approved dresses for girls: Jersey Knit, Plaid Jumper, and Safari French Toast Dress (must have logo done by MLC)
- Dress or athletic shoes may be worn.
- No ballet slippers, sandals, crocs, Heelies, lights or sound effects will be allowed.
- Solid color red, blue, black, green and white socks may be worn.
- No decorative socks will be worn
- Hair must be neatly styled for both boys and girls. Boys’ hair must be above the eyebrows and collar.
- Boys should be clean-shaven.·
- Modest make-up may be worn by Middle School girls only.
- On P.E. days, shorts or long pants are recommended for elementary students.
- Fifth through eighth grade students are required to wear the school P.E. uniform.
- All students must wear athletic shoes.
- Please limit jewelry on P.E. days for safety.
- Students may wear a BSBA spirit shirt on PE days.
- During cooler weather, students may wear any coat or sweater to and from school.
- While in the building, students must wear BSBA outerwear, sweaters or hoodies in the colors of grey, navy, green, or red. ·
- Long-sleeved shirts in uniform colors may also be worn under BSBA logo shirts during cooler weather.
- Girls may also wear leggings or tights in uniform colors under shorts, skirts, or jumpers.
- Students remaining after school for various activities, whether participant or spectator, are required to dress modestly.·
- From time to time, the Academy will reward students with announced out of uniform days.
- Please label every item of clothing, lunch boxes, etc. so we can return lost items to their owner.·
- Parents are also encouraged to set an example by following modest dress guidelines when on the school campus and at school activities.·
- Parents of students in violation of dress code policies will be notified.
- Boys cannot wear earrings.·
- Tattoos and body piercings are not allowed.
- Unusual hair, make-up, and jewelry will be considered inappropriate for boys and girls.
- No inappropriate advertisements or language are allowed on any items brought or worn to school.
PE Uniforms will be sold at Open House and are also available online at MLC Promo website. These are required for 5th - 8th grade students only. A Spirit Shirt may also be worn for PE.
PANTHER SPIRIT SHIRTS
Spirit Shirts are an optional uniform shirt on Friday’s. (Purchased only through the Academy and available on MLC Promo website).