Every Monday, from 08/19/2019 to 05/18/2020, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Bell Shoals Baptist Academy
A Ministry of Bell Shoals Baptist Church
For over 50 years Bell Shoals Baptist Academy has been part of the community transforming thousands of students who have benefited from our preschool through 8th grade programs. We offer a superb classroom learning experience for all age groups including preschool. We provide quality Christian education, small classes and caring faculty, and have expanded to 2 campuses to serve Hillsborough County. We are honored that you want to learn more about us. We invite you to browse further and discover why we believe in Bell Shoals Baptist Academy and the benefits of Christian education.
Walt Shaffner serves as the Headmaster for the Bell Shoals Baptist Academy and has been a member of Bell Shoals Baptist Church since 1989. Mr. Shaffner is well respected and has over 38 years of experience as a teacher, principal and a district level director within the Hillsborough County education community. This extensive experience allows him to be in a unique position to integrate his Christian values with his educational expertise.
in the inerrancy of God's Word | we are saved by grace and faith in Jesus Christ
God is sovereign | in God the Father and Jesus, His Son | we are led by the Holy Spirit
The mission of Bell Shoals Baptist Academy is to provide a strong education that is Christ-centered. We strive to train students to excel in academics, fine arts, athletics and technology while fostering a Biblical worldview throughout all aspects of our program.
The philosophy of education at Bell Shoals Baptist Academy is based on a God-centered view of truth and Man as presented in the Bible. The entire process of education is seen as a means to bring the student into fellowship with God (I Cor.6:19-20), to assist them in developing the mind of Christ (Phil. 2:5) and to help them demonstrate Christ-like character qualities (Gal. 5:22, 23).
Bell Shoals Baptist Academy’s vision is to encourage all of our students to become passionate followers of Christ.
Bell Shoals Academy was established as an extension of Bell Shoals Baptist Church and is a campus with a 50-year heritage yet 21st century technology. It is a “community” made up of students, faculty, support staff, coaches, administrators, alumni, trustees and parents. The main campus is located in Brandon, on Bell Shoals Road between Bloomingdale Avenue and Lumsden Road. We are continuing to expand and currently have 2 campus locations to serve Eastern Hillsborough County.
Campus Locations and Contact Information
Brandon Main Campus
VPK | Early Learning Center | Elementary | Middle School | Extended Care
- The Brandon campus is conveniently located in the heart of Brandon in Eastern Hillsborough County.
- Our Chapel hosts weekly worship services for the ELC-8th grade. Our Prayer Garden is a lovely intimate setting for prayer which we encourage anyone to use.
- Technology Centers include the recently installed state-of-the-art computer lab, science laboratories, Lab-top computers, IPads and a video room.
- The Media Center not only provides in-house books and DVD's but also has an extensive on-line collection and dedicated computers for Accelerated Reader Program testing.
- Our Cafeteria is lead by our professional Chef and provides quality offerings for students, faculty and guests.
- Our Sports Facilities include a newly installed gymnasium floor and extensive outdoor athletic fields and exercise stations.
- We provide Extended Care options for before and after school activities.
Apollo Beach Campus
VPK | Early Learning Center
- The Apollo Beach Campus is easily accessible for Riverview, Apollo Beach and Southern Hillsborough County residents.
- Our intimate classroom settings and small class sizes create a warm atmosphere for our VPK and Early Learners.
- Our private playground allows outdoor activities and encourages exercise.
Bell Shoals Baptist Academy provides a strong spiritual emphasis which is integrated throughout the entire program at all our campuses. In VPK and the Early Learning Center our children are taught God’s word through Bible stories, singing, sharing, and Bible verses. Each month we highlight a special virtue. We teach children that prayer is talking to their best friend and demonstrate that by praying throughout the day.
Chapel is celebrated weekly at the Brandon Campus for kindergarten through 8th grade. Chapel services are held on Mondays, from 8:20-9:00 am. Special services are arraigned throughout the year, with different grades leading the worship service, and special presentations. Parents and friends are welcome to attend and worship with their children. Chapel dress is required for all students.
Age appropriate service projects are used to demonstrate acts of service and engage student's compassion. BSBA offers students of all ages the chance to affect the lives of others and experience the joy of giving.
Bell Shoals Baptist Academy seeks to recruit and retain faculty and staff who approach every aspect of their job with dedication and professionalism. BSBA teachers are passionate, engaging, inspiring encouragers. They have a genuine respect for their students and teach through hands-on learning. Each teacher cares, loves and inspires their students to be the best they can be while striving to follow Jesus, love people and make disciples.
Bell Shoals Baptist Academy is a ministry of Bell Shoals Baptist Church and is accredited through ACSI, the Association of Christian Schools International, which is recognized by the State of Florida as an accrediting body for Christian schools. BSBA is also a Gold Seal Quality of Care Certificate recipient from the State of Florida Department of Children and Families. BSBA engages in a continuous improvement plan and demonstrates quality education through:
- Spiritual Development - BSBA encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school and documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- Proven success for improvement - BSBA promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- Marks of quality - BSBA meets the standards of quality established by the international school community
- Reciprocity - BSBA transfers credits between schools and between nation's school systems
- Listen and follow directions
- Work independently
- Stay on task
- Use self-control
- Stay neat and organized
- Attend school on time
- Complete class work
- Complete homework
- Do your best work
- Obey authority
- Use kind words and actions
- Be honest
- Care for property